The China Survey Data Archive (CSDA) was established in 2015 and is a project established by the National Natural Science Foundation of China - Peking University Management Science Data Center based on the need for survey data from domestic management science quantitative research. The database was funded by the National Natural Science Foundation in the early stages of construction.
The mission of the database is to establish a benchmark for China's survey data quality, advocate China's survey data sharing fashion, promote quantitative research in social and management science, and achieve international excellence in data management and services.
The construction goal is to integrate and integrate domestic high-quality research and scientific research data resources, realize convenient data sharing through professional data management and monitoring, and provide high-level data services for scientific research and decision-making management.
The core business is:
1. Encourage research institutions or researchers to personally store and share research data in various fields, actively expand the collection of data databases, and promote the diversification of data.
2. Professional management of stored data, including data cleansing and specification, data classification and encryption, metadata extraction and organization, and data set update maintenance.
3. Publish data stocking data on Peking University's open research data platform, realize data browsing, retrieval, downloading and online analysis services, and standardize the reference of data materials to protect the intellectual property rights of data materials.
4. Manage the rights of data users, respond to users' problems and needs in a timely manner, and maintain relationships with data users.
5. Provide data collation or analysis services to database consultants, data contributors, and survey project partners.