The China Survey Data Database (hereinafter referred to as the database) encourages research institutions or researchers to personally store research data in various fields. Data depositors and users can access the database free of charge through the Peking University Open Research Data Service Platform. The stored data will be included in the electronic catalog of the data platform for online search of the project information text.
If the data stored in your database does not require any database processing and service management for timely publication, please go directly to the “Peking University Open Research Data Service Platform” [g1] to publish it yourself.
If you entrust the database to manage the monitoring and publishing of data, please follow the process below to complete the data storage.
I. Signing the Data Data Deposit Agreement
1. Please read the Data Data Storage Agreement carefully to understand the rights and obligations of the database and data depositors specified in the agreement.
2. If you agree to the terms of the agreement, please print the Data Storage Agreement (download) and sign and stamp.
Second, prepare the data set
The database tends to receive data sets that are cleaned, machine readable, and complete and accurate, and the database is also willing to provide data cleaning, data normalization, and data collation to the depositor.
Before the data is released, the following steps are usually taken.
1. Delete personally identifiable information. For the purpose of protecting the privacy of respondents and respecting the basic ethics of scientific research, all personally identifiable information (such as name, address, telephone number, QQ number, etc.) should be deleted from the data set before the data is deposited. Once the data is released to the public, the disclosure of personal privacy will be irreversible, causing adverse effects such as injury to the respondent and legal disputes.
2. Standardize and organize data. Dataset format to be standardized, such as SPSS, SAS, or Stata format datasets containing variables and value labels, or raw data files with full format information
3. Clean up the data. The data set is subject to basic cleanup work. For example, discrete variables have no values other than variable labels. Continuous variables have no extreme outliers, and missing values are clearly defined.
4. Prepare the questionnaire. The questionnaire should be published at the same time as the data set to facilitate data users to understand the data. If the questionnaire is not available in electronic form, you can submit a printed version of the paper.
5. Prepare other related documents. The rich documentation will help data users better understand and use the data, thus facilitating data sharing and increasing data usage. We encourage depositors to provide as much documentation as possible about the dataset, such as user manuals, sample design and implementation technical documentation, response rate calculation documents, data cleanup documents, weight calculation documents, and articles or reports based on submitted data sets. .
Third, fill out the "data storage registration form"
1. The first part of the Data Storage Registration Form (download) is used to confirm the data storage agreement to ensure that the data depositor carefully reads and signs the data storage agreement. The second part is about the data depositor to clarify the intellectual property of the data set. The third and fourth sections are detailed descriptions of the stored data, helping the data user to fully understand the data set, and facilitating the data manager to extract the metadata and implement online search within the database. The fifth part is the format and document type for storing data. The sixth part deals with data sensitivity and usage restrictions. Part VII contains additional information on data storage that is not covered in Parts 1 through 6. Finally, the data storage list and sending address.
2. The Data Storage Registration Form must be printed after completion in the document and signed after the first part of the “Data Storage Agreement Confirmation”.
Fourth, send data
1. Please mail the original of the “Data Storage Agreement Confirmation” page in the signed “Data Data Storage Agreement” and “Data Storage Registration Form” to the database.
2. Please email the completed electronic copy of the Registration Form to the database.
3. We accept data in a variety of media formats, including IBM compatible disk and CD, USB removable storage devices, or email attachments.
If you encounter any problems in preparing the data to store the data, you are welcome to contact us, we will try our best to help. The data sets and files you submit will be saved.