Data Usage Agreement --Data usage agreement (Trial)
The China Survey Data Database (hereinafter referred to as the database) is a project established by the National Natural Science Foundation of China - Peking University Management Science Data Center based on the needs of survey data from domestic management science quantitative research. The database is dedicated to the integration of domestic high-quality research and scientific research data resources, through the professional data management and monitoring, to achieve convenient data sharing, providing high-level data services for scientific research and decision-making management. This database encourages the reuse of research data and promotes the protection of intellectual property rights in research data. In order to clarify the rights and obligations of the database and data users in the use of data, this agreement is specifically formulated.
I. Rights and obligations of the database
1. The database has the right to decide whether or not to authorize the use of data based on the data user's application, and no reason is required.
2. The database has the right to use the basic personal information provided by the data user to conduct research analysis for the purpose of data usage.
3. The database shall not disclose its name, address, e-mail address and other legally protected personal information without the consent of the data user. Except for the following:
- based on legal requirements;
- to protect the property and rights of the data provider;
- To protect the rights of other persons or third parties in an emergency.
4. The database does not assume any political, economic, or legal responsibility for any results or statements made by data users based on the data.
5. For data users who violate the agreement, the database reserves the right to stop using and saving the data at any time. It is entitled to legal prosecution for any form of damage caused by it.
Second, the rights and obligations of data users
1. Data users must not use data obtained from the database to engage in activities that endanger national security, the public interest, and the legitimate rights and interests of others.
2. Data users are obliged to protect and respect the privacy of the respondents involved in the data, and do not explore, disclose, or disseminate information that may confirm the identity of the respondent. If the data is found to contain information that may identify the respondent, the data user is obliged to immediately notify the database administrator.
3. The data user's authorized use of the data in the database does not have the right to copy, distribute, publish, or translate into a foreign language, and may not use the data or develop and produce the product for commercial purposes. Any format or any copy of the data is treated as the original data. The data user can make necessary modifications to the data content and convert the data format as needed, but the modified and converted data may not be released and provided without permission.
4. The data user undertakes to use only the data materials authorized by the database for my research, and may not share the data in any way or form with third parties, including other members of the research team of the data user.
5. Research results generated by data users based on data authorized by the database, including books, articles, conference papers, dissertations, policy reports, and other publications, are subject to data sources, including authors of data materials, in accordance with citation specifications. And the publisher.
6. Data users are obliged to report to the database if they find suspected data errors while using data materials for research activities.
7. Data users are not allowed to use the data materials authorized by the database for any profitable activities.
8. After the data user voluntarily or forcibly cancels his membership, he must terminate the use of all data provided by the database and destroy the data obtained from the database. The specific measures are as follows:
- completely removed from your computer hard drive and storage device / space;
- destroy data text files;
- Destroy the original physical media.
Third, the agreement is revised
1. The database reserves the right to amend the terms of this Agreement. After the agreement is revised, it will be announced on the Peking University China Survey Data Database website http://dcms.pku.edu.cn/CSDA without further notice. If the data user disagrees with the revised content, it is deemed to have waived the right to use the data obtained and destroy or return the data obtained in accordance with the agreement. If you continue to use the data obtained, you will be deemed to have agreed to and accept the restrictions of the revised content of the agreement.