Visitors Program DCMS
Data Center of Management Science, NSFC-PKU
Visiting Scholars Program
Data Center of Management Science (DCMS), NSFC-PKU, established in Dec. 2014, is a key initiative for data collection and service sponsored by the China Natural Science Foundation. As a teaching and research entity directly affiliated to Peking University, the mission of DCMS is to promote data collection, data management and service, and policy-oriented empirical research. As an integral part of DCMS, the DCMS think tank aims to develop an open research platform through supporting research projects and hosting visiting scholars. In addition, our think-tank promotes and disseminates research findings and policy studies based on quantitative analysis. Empirical research using data from China Family Panel Studies (CFPS, http://www.isss.edu.cn/cfps/EN/) and China Health and Retirement Longitudinal Studies (CHARLS, http://charls.ccer.edu.cn/en) is particularly encouraged.
We herewith invite domestic and international scholars to visit DCMS, NSFC-PKU for a duration of up to 3 months with a starting date of the scholar’s choice. Extension possibility is available upon application. During their visit at the DCMS, scholars are provided with data service, research assistance, office space and administrative support. Visiting scholars are invited to participate in various academic activities organized at the Center.
- PhD degree;
- Research experience in Economics, Sociology, Politics, Demography and other fields
- Policy oriented research proposal using quantitative research methods
- To conduct new research project whose results have not been published previously;
- To deliver at least one seminar or public lecture at DCMS;
- To acknowledge the support of DCMS upon publication of research conducted at the Center;
- To submit at least one working paper/policy report at the end of his/her visit (applicable for those whose visit exceeds 1 month).
The Center will offer the following support
- Research assistance for data processing and analysis (primarily using CFPS and CHARLS data);
- Office space at PKU and administrative support;
- Assistance with campus-accommodation (to be indicated in the application);
- Funding support is available through project grants at the Center (separate application required)
Please send the following materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org, Subject: “Visiting Scholar Program + Applicant name”
- Application letter;
- Research proposal;
- Academic CV
If there are questions, please contact Center at email@example.com, Subject: “Visiting Scholar Program + Enquiry”
Address: Floor 4, Science Building, No. 5 Yiheyuan Rd., Haidian District, Beijing.
Contact1: Assoc. Prof. Sherry Tao Kong Tel: 86-10-62767908 ext 806